Monday, March 16, 2015

#MicroblogMondays: Mid-March miscellany

*  It's still not quite spring. But the thermometer reading is slowly inching up, a strip of brown grass has appeared from underneath the white stuff on my lawn, and the sun has been shining occasionally. Progress! 
*  It is March break in these parts. Not having kids, in previous years, we spent the week at work, enjoying the half-empty morning trains (& trying to ignore the hordes of parents & kids on the homeward bound afternoon trains, returning from outings to the city).  Trying to figure out what we can do & where we can go this week where we won't be besieged by mobs of people. Wish us luck...!  The local mall is usually mostly empty on weekday afternoons, but I have a feeling that's not going to be the case this week...!
*  We had dinner with BIL, SIL, Younger Nephew and his girlfriend on Saturday night hereabouts, and they insisted on visiting Katie's niche at the cemetery afterwards. It became apparent why: they brought a small stuffed Easter bunny to leave there. Awww.   
*  Dh & I spent yesterday afternoon at the movies watching... "Casablanca." Yes, THAT "Casablanca" -- Bogart & Bergman at their finest, "Play it again, Sam," and "Here's looking at you, kid."  The Cineplex theatre chain occasionally shows classic movies in select theatres, and it was playing at one near us. It is, as I have written before, probably my all-time favourite movie and I couldn't pass up the chance to see it on the big screen. There were about 20 people in the audience with us, and applause at the end. :)
*  One of these days, I will do a #MicroblogMondays post that's not in bullet point form. ;)

You can find more of this week's #MicroblogMondays posts here.    

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you as you survive Spring break. And love the story about Katie's Easter bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Casablanca! I saw it for the first time in French class in HS and probably watch it at least once a year :) Glad its warming up by y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I like bullet points. That was very sweet of your family to get the easter bunny.

    I was commenting today that I can't believe how sunny and warm it is at 5:30 pm. Vs. just a week or so ago when it was snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *I don't think I've seen Casablanca; I'll have to watch it.

    *I love bullet points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see the spoof on it on Saturday Night Live with JK Simmons? Pretty funny. That's a great movie! I love seeing movies in the afternoon - at least I don't fall asleep!

    So sweet that your family wanted to leave an Easter Bunny for Katie. She's always in their hearts.

    ReplyDelete