Thursday, March 1, 2018

Right now

Right now... (an occasional meme, alternating from time to time with "The Current"):

Reading:  To date, I've finished three books (out of my Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge goal of 24 books).  Haven't started another one yet (decisions, decisions...). 


Watching:  Well, the Winter Olympics are over -- time to get off the couch, lol.  I always adore watching the Olympics & especially the winter edition, but by the end, I am always somewhat relieved to get back to normal and away from the TV set, lol.  Too many late nights. I'm still catching up on my sleep...! 

I caught up on the episodes of season 2 of "Victoria" on PBS that I'd PVRd during the Olympics in time for the season finale. The wait begins for season 3....!  (By the way, I noticed PBS will be showing a new adaptation of "Little Women" this spring. The catch?  The first episode airs May 13th -- i.e., Mother's Day....!) 

I dived back into "Designated Survivor" this week, which hadn't been on since a mid-season cliffhanger back in November. Plots still as ridiculous as ever, but still I watch...! 

I still have to watch CNN's multi-part documentary about Patty Hearst, which I PVRd (it was on at the same time as both "Victoria" & the Olympics). And I have not made much use of my Netflix subscription lately. 

On the big screen: We didn't get to the movies at all during the Olympics, although we are hoping to see" Black Panther" soon (waiting for the crowds to die down a little bit).  We've seen just 3 of the 9 Best Picture nominees for this weekend's Oscars:  Darkest Hour, The Shape of Water, and The Post.  Looking forward: to watching the Oscars on Sunday night (as I always do!)! 

Listening:  To... nothing in particular lately. I subscribed to the Pod Save America podcast recently, because it sounded interesting, but I haven't listened to one episode yet.  Just not something I'm in the habit of doing, I guess.    

Following:  I WAS following the Olympics. What now? 

Feeling:  A little bored and restless. (What can I say... it's been a loooonnnngggggg winter....)   

Eating:  We'd laid off on eating tortellini/ravioli for the last year or so, because dh was sick of it, but it's back on the menu (as well as gnocchi), with pesto sauce & parmesan cheese (because I can't eat tomato sauce).  Yum! 

Also: Lindor chocolate mini-Easter eggs. (Double yum!  :)  ) 

Wearing:  Winter coat. Still. SIGH. :p  

Buying (besides books, lol):  Birthday gifts!  Within less than three days this past week, we went to birthday celebrations for dh's aunt's 85th and his uncle's 80th.  We took a plant for his aunt, who lives in an assisted living facility, and a nice bottle of wine to his uncle. 

Enduring:  Yet ANOTHER visit from Aunt Flo, just 33 days after the last one. :p  I am starting to think she is really never, ever going to go away (despite the assurances from my gynecologist that she will, eventually...).   

Grateful:  That February is FINALLY over...!!  (Yes, it's not an "-ing" word, but it's how I'm feeling...!) 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm ... gnocchi with pesto sauce ...

    And yes, I'm still catching up on sleep after the Winter Olympics. I have to reset my body clock!

    ReplyDelete